Sunday 29 September 2024

6 Sota summit weekender!! (part 1) G/SP-010 Winter hill. TP0701 Rivington 4/9/24

 Ok, ok I know the 4th september wasn't a weekend day. I did however have this planned for the weekends adventures, its just I was working in the area, and I managed a dinner time finish..  the weather was decent so I thought what the hell! 

My plan was always to ascend from the Belmont side, the path seems to be a decent balance between steep and walkable! 


If im honest, it looks alot worse than it actually is the path is well made and in reasonable condition, and I was soon on the top.

once up top, You arrive at the tarmac service road for the transmitters and swing to the right  a few more 100 yards walk, and you will find the trig point, The Trig isnt named after the hill, and is called Rivington TP0701. this seems to cause much confusion amongst trig enthusiasts and baggers alike!

the feelings of antenna inadequacy over, I set to activating. given the fact it was an opporunist activation, i had none of my usual kit, infact I ascended in steel toe work boots, and a luminous yellow work coat! this meant, it was the handheld a Nagoya rubber duck, and luckily the SOTAbeams filter for 2M band! Game on!

Got on the air for 1330bst 1230utc and quickly got M0CQE - Paul in the log. followed by 7 more QSOs giving me 8 in the log. but a storm was brewing and threatening rain, so I decided to quit while I had a chance of getting down in the dry! so I headed for the car, quick selfie and away back to the car!

A great activation for a weekday afternoon, as usual thanks to all the chasers without you guys we couldnt do what we do!

To be continued in part 2!

Alan



No comments:

Post a Comment