Monday 30 September 2024

6 SOTA Summit weekender (part 2) Mynydd Y Cwm GW/NW-076. 6/9/24

Friday was soon here, and the weekends plans could begin properly, I had to be in North Wales to drop the XYL and her friend off at a caravan in Towyn, they were having a girly weekend in the Towyn area. once dropped off and mindful of the traffic I decided on a quick one, and Mynydd y Cwm fitted the bill. the weather was superb, not a breath of wind and lovely warm sunshine I was hoping the rest of the weekend would be like this!

I parked in the usual spot on the lane, and headed up the track into the forest. last time I went up Mynydd y Cwm the forestry people had just been in, and there were piles of chopped logs everywhere and alot of open ground, now its very overgrown with tall ferns and brambles in amongst the rotting brash. I managed to find the left turn up to the pond, spana right and heded up the wider track, its another right turn off here to the summit memorial..


I set up in a clearing just before the memorial, got the slim G up the pole and gave a call..

not a fast activation with 12 contacts in just over half an hour, had a decent chat with a mountain biker too.. nice bloke! he was quite interested in what I was doing, and amazed i was getting contacts into Manchester!

With the contacts drying up, and this being a Friday evening I decided to call it a day, get ahead of the traffic, so I packed up and headed down. summit 2 done.... tomorrow was going to be the main event! with 3 summits planned....


as usual, thanks to the chasers!

Alan - 2E0JWA

No comments:

Post a Comment